International call for solidarity
with the Revolutionary Struggle
The 5th of October has been set as the day that the trial of the Revolutionary Organization Revolutionary Struggle will begin. The trial will take place in the court room of Koridallos prisons.
Eight accused will stand trial, who according to a recent order of the Council of Appeals will be tried for participation in the organization.
The first three accused, Maziotis, Roupa and Gournas, have taken responsibility for the organization and remain imprisoned, but in mid October the 18month detention period expires. The rest of the accused are free.
Kortesis, Stathopoulos and Nikitopoulos were released from prison on terms recently, after two decisions of the judges of the Council of Appeals, since the Supreme Court applied a recantation on the first and another was made that ratified the decisions of the appeals judges.
The charges of each individual concern the felonies of constitution and participation in a terrorist organization, supply manufacture and possession of explosive materials, explosions and numerous attempted homicides.
Revolutionary Struggle has made many attacks, among which the rocket launcher attack on the American embassy, on January 12th, 2007 and the armed attack on cops on Bouboulinas street on January 5th, 2009.
- September 5, 2003: Bombing at courthouse.
- March 14, 2004: Bombing at Citibank subsidiary in Psychico neighborhood.
- May 5, 2004: Bombing at police station in Perissos neighborhood.
- October 29, 2004: Bombing of police buses.
- June 2, 2005: Bombing at Labor Ministry.
- December 12, 2005: Bombing at Finance Ministry in Syntagma Square, near Parliament.
- May 30, 2006: Attempted assassination of Georgios Voulgarakis, former Minister of Public Order and Minister of Culture.
- January 12, 2007: Wasp 58 LAW rocket attack on United States Embassy.
- April 30, 2007: Shots fired at police station in Nea Ionia neighborhood.
- October 24, 2008: Bombing at Shell offices in Palaio Faliro neighborhood.
- December 23, 2008: Shots fired at riot police bus near Athens University in Goudi neighborhood.
- January 5, 2009: Shots fired at police guarding Culture Ministry in Exarchia neighborhood. One riot cop critically wounded.
- February 18, 2009: Car bombing at Citibank headquarters in Kifissia neighborhood. Bomb fails to detonate.
- March 9, 2009: Bombing at Citibank subsidiary in Nea Ionia neighborhood.
- May 12, 2009: Bombing at Eurobank subsidiary in Argyroupoli neighborhood.
- September 2, 2009: Car bombing causes serious damage to Stock Exchange building.
The three comrades who took responsibility for the actions of Revolutionary Struggle show that fighting for what you believe in is not a task that only the “elite” can take on. Its in everyone that has suffered in the system that has been created to control us. The state knows they are the real terrorists and as long as no one is fighting back they have nothing to fear. Its time to show them enough is enough and attack it with all means available.
SOLIDARITY TO THE FIVE ACCUSED IN THE REVOLUTIONARY STRUGGLE CASE
FREEDOM NOW TO N.MAZIOTIS, P.ROUPA AND K.GOURNAS